program for ages 10-13
NLCC, the Junior program of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, was developed for younger cadets, age 10-13 and is a fantastic opportunity for younger kids to make friends, try something new, and prepare themselves to eventually enter NSCC.
The NLCC training program is modeled after the Sea Cadet program, but is tailored to be age-appropriate. The training program is less arduous, but still includes a wide variety of training opportunities designed to give League Cadets exposure to Navy life.
Cadets can attend a one-week, away-from-home Navy League Orientation class. Cadets who complete orientation can participate in advanced training sessions such as classes in aviation, sailing, leadership, medical and adventure training. League Cadets also learn about small boats and small boat safety using the U.S. Coast Guard’s safe boating curriculum.
NEW LEAGUE CADETS
Your adventure begins here. Open the document to the left for instructions on how to start working toward advancement. The rank system for NLCC is explained below.
Rank System for NLCC
The rank system for cadets proceeds as follows:
- Recruit (LC-1),
- Apprentice Cadet (LC-2)
- Able Cadet (LC-3)
- Petty Officer Third Class (LC-4)
- Petty Officer Second Class (LC-5)
- Petty Officer First Class (LC-6)
- Ship's Leading Petty Officer (LC-7).
Promotions are made by time-in requirement and passing of examinations. The minimum requirements are six months in between promotions and a 75 percent correct score on coursework. A cadet who has successfully completed NLCC Orientation and passes directly on to the NSCC after a minimum of one year of service in the NLCC will go into the NSCC as a temporary Seaman Apprentice rather than a Recruit.
Before NLCC Cadets can attend an advanced training, they must first complete NLCC Orientation.
Summer Trainings are posted and updated daily at Sea Cadet Homeport beginning in March and April
1. Go to Sea Cadet Homeport Training Page
2. Select the TRAINING CATEGORY that you want.
3. Select "Details" on the training you have selected and read all the instructions.
5. Email your request to the BB-43 Commanding Officer (CO). The Commanding officer will reply with a "Request for Training" form (NSCTNG001)
6. Complete the NSCTNG001 and email it back to the CO. Only the CO can approve your Request for Training. (No typewritten initials or electronic signatures will be accepted)
7. If you are bringing medication, complete the Medical History Supplemental form (NSCADM001 Pages7 & 8)
8. If you are requesting an accommodation, complete the Request for Accommodation form (NSCADM001 Pages 9 & 10) This request must be approved by the National Headquarters Representative and takes 30 days to approve.
9. A Medical Exam must not be older than one year through the last training date. (NSCADM001 Pages 5 & 6)
10. A Medical History form must be completed within the 30 days before a training (NSCADM001 Pages 3 & 4)
10. You will receive an email confirming your registration.
11. Once you are confirmed, make sure you pay with the method prescribed in the "Details" of that particular training. DON'T WAIT
12. Submit a Medical History form (NSCTNG001 Pages 3 & 4) within 30 days of the training.
Enrollment must be valid through the last training date.
All requests are subject to review.
Cadets with poor attendance or are not advancing may not be approved for advanced training