Are you interested in joining the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps? Before you start the application process there are a few requirements you should know about. All cadets and parents must go through the application and interview process and cadets must pass a basic medical exam, performed by your doctor, so that they can be cleared for physical training.
Other mandatory requirements:
- League Cadets must be between the ages of 10 and 13
- Sea Cadets must be between the ages of 13 and 17
- Complete and submit all NSCC application forms to include the medical evaluation and medical history forms
- BB43 Enrollment fee for new cadets is $230, re-enrollment each year is $130.
- Fees for summer training events vary. See Training page for details
- Cadets must work toward progression in rank at a minimum of one rank per calendar year. See Advancement page for details
- Cadets must pass Physical Readiness Test every 6 months. See PRT page for details
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have Navy regulation haircut and no facial hair prior to enrolling
- Be a full time student in an accredited school or homeschooled, and maintain satisfactory grades (2.00 “C” grade point average)
- Attend a minimum of 75% of all drills
- Be free of felony and/or misdemeanor convictions
- Be single and not a parent
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your visit and interview.
Parents make FANTASTIC volunteers! Whether you can stay for all of drill weekend or just help out on occasion, we would love to have you volunteer with our unit! (See application above)
A volunteer must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, free of felony convictions, possess good moral character, a sound mind, and be capable of credibly communicating USNSCC values to our cadets. Each adult will undergo a background investigation during the enrollment process.